Saturday, October 16, 2010

Welcome to my twisted nighttime brain.

I woke up at 4:30 this morning after a handful of truly bizarre dreams (that I can't remember because I didn't write them down) and thought to myself, "I should really start a blog about all the random crap I dream. When I tell people about them, they're usually amused (and occasionally disturbed). This could be fun!"

When I was about 19 I kept a dream journal for a while. I did not then (nor do I now) believe that dreams have special meaning and if you dream about a toadstool it means that you're dealing with pressures from your boss at work. I just thought they were really strange and I wanted to record them in some way before daylight erased them from my memory.

Since I don't sleep near my laptop and can't guarantee I'd type anything coherent even if I did, I will keep a notepad and pen near my bed and try to make an effort to write down what I dreamed. Later, when I have time, I will decipher my scribblings and type them up for your entertainment.

Here's a dream a I had a couple days ago. I remember it because it was Glee related.

#1
Finn from Glee was my boyfriend. However, Taylor Swift convinced him that he was gay so he broke up with me.

which transitioned into

#2
I dreamed/watched about half of the Rocky Horror Picture Show. The musical numbers I remember dreaming about were the Time Warp, Dammit Janet, Hot Patootie, and Wild and Untamed Thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment